Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Pre Christmas Eve

Tomorrow is the big day. I am preparing a Feast of the Seven Fishes. I haven't created this meal ever and am recreating the recipes based on my childhood memory. I have asked family for recollections of any of these recipes and have been given some food advice, but we will see what I can whip up. I visited the fish market to day and have purchased eel, smelt, octopus, calamari, shrimp, baccala, and tuna. My son is home from Chicago and will help me prepare all the dishes. Today we have done the shopping and have purchased the flowers for the table. I am excited mostly to share this meal with the friends that have invited. There will be 14 of us and it has been many years since I have celebrated Christmas Eve in this way. I am looking forward to the buzz and excitement of the day.

No comments: