Sunday, December 14, 2008





Chicken Pot Pie


One of the ways I use my leftover chicken from baking a whole chicken is to make a pot pie....you can be creative in what is inside this tasty treat. This pie has a basic white sauce with chicken and mixed vegetables.


The real treat is the crust....with the best crust recipe:


2-2/3 cups flour (I used spelt flour for this pie)


2/3 cup vegetable oil


6 tbls cold milk


In a large bowl put the flour and salt. Measure the oil and put the cold milk into the oil...the important part here is not to mix. Wet ingredients into dry and mix with a wooden spoon until you have dough (I sometimes use my hands to get the dough into two balls).


Roll bottom and top of crust in between two sheets of wax paper.


The results are flaky delicious crust every time.



1 comment:

Jessica Atcheson said...

Looks so delicious! Look forward to seeing more delectable entries from you, dear Joycie :)