Monday, September 8, 2008

Dinner Party with Amazing Women

I know it has been a very long time and I have to say I am back and commited to keeping you all updated.

This past Saturday night, in celebration of my dear friend Maureen going off to fulfill her dream--creating a documentary about The Little Brothers of St. Francis, we gathered to celebrate her endeavor. I unfortunately do not have an pictures, but promise to include in posts going forward. Here is the menu: (please take note that the ingredients I use are local and organic, when available).

Mixed green salad with roasted beets, chevre, and walnuts topped with balsamic vinagrette

Cod beignets with an herbed yogurt dip

Cornmeal crepes with kale and rainbow chard filling (an assortment of fresh herbs from my kitchen herb garden too)

Eggplant rotini stuffed with fresh ricotta cheese and a fresh tomato sauce

Chicken breasts stuffed with goat cheese, green onions, and herbs with a wine mushroom sauce

To finish I made eclairs with a coffee custard filling.

I realized after I had finished cooking that most of the menu was stuffed!! We all had fun and ate the evening away.

No comments: