Sunday, January 24, 2010

Crisp Pizza Party, guest chef, Mike Watson 1-22-10


Well, it has been a few months since my last event....during the holidays we invited  a few friends over and my husband made pizza, I made chicken wings, and my son made a flourless chocolate cake. It was a party.


Everyone raved about the food, so I thought, why not do a crisp event featuring pizza.


Trying to serve eight guests hot pizza, while only using a conventional oven with two pizza stones was a bit of a challenge.....but I think that in the end everyone loved the pizza. My pizza-making husband, Mike, sure makes a delicious pizza and the only way he can do it is by making a huge mess.  Thanks to my trusty helper Natasha, she was able to help in keeping Mike on track and helping him along.




We started out with the chicken wing course. I started to prepare these wings at about 2:00 pm that day.  They take a long time to cook, and the longer you cook them, the tastier and tender they get.  I also needed to get them out of the oven in time to heat up the oven for pizza.  I did use my trusty gas outside grill to keep them warm.


Next, the salad--which was a traditional Italian-style salad with mixed greens, cucumbers, carrots, roasted red peppers, and cured black olives. The dressing, a simple oil and vinegar, that included salt, pepper, garlic powder, and dried basil.

On to the main course. Three different pizzas: cheese, sausage and mushroom, and feta and spinach. I was told from one of the guests, that she didn't like spinach, but loved the pizza. In my opinion, spinach is a tuff veggie, done correctly I believe many folks who say they don't like spinach could change their minds.



Lastly, homemade ice-cream sundays....all homemade--the ice cream, chocolate sauce, and whipped cream. Topped with a fresh cherry and walnuts.





My guests graciously let me take their photos....it was  a really great evening, see for yourself .

Thanks Jess A. for your support in my endeavor, and being a supporter by attending many of my dinners....much luck for you in Boston!

2 comments:

Jessica A. said...

My thumbs look hyper-extended in that photo--but I was just so excited by the delicious food and fabulous ambiance! :) Such a great meal, Joycie. Every time I think about your chicken wings, my mouth waters--and I've never before been a huge fan of chicken wings. While I may be moving to Boston and not able to make as many Crisp dinners as before, I will most definitely be back for more in the future!

Unknown said...

I didn't realize you have a blog! Yay! I'll be reading and vicariously enjoying your amazing meals using my imagination!